Enable engagement of industry partners by our clinical and research enterprises, in a user-friendly fashion to make the University of Arizona “partner of choice” among key corporate health care participants, ultimately enhancing the brand equity and competitiveness of the University of Arizona in tackling the big systems problems our modern university has opportunities to address.
What we do:
- Assist faculty in identifying industry collaboration opportunities. We assist with contracts and projects, but unfortunately not gifts or grants.
- Act as a concierge and assist corporate partners and customers in finding and accessing people, expertise, infrastructure, and research capabilities at UAHS.
- Assist faculty in vertical translation by brokering commercial partnerships that enable competitive grant applications via enablement of downstream translation
- Assist Tech Launch Arizona in connecting with relevant industry partners to advance commercialization programs, startup companies, and proof-of-concept projects where UAHS corporate partners might be a fit.
- Assist faculty in roadmapping research strategies on a trajectory toward commercial, translational, and clinical impact.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary, interinstitutional, and commercial collaborations that address gaps in commercial, engineering, digital, and clinical expertise.
- Work closely with Tech Launch Arizona to ensure practical reconciliation and balancing of open innovation and proprietary interests of collaborators. Tech Launch Arizona manages the University of Arizona’s intellectual property and patent portfolio.
- Promote and market UA research locally, statewide, nationally, internationally, online, and through targeted proactive engagement of select companies.
Align research programs and the stated interests of 50 companies we actively engage.
Connect faculty to resources and expertise internally and in the corporate world.
Enable open innovation, nonproprietary and precompetitive contracts, with deliverables.
Provide strategic input to position projects for industry funding.